Monday, June 18, 2012

True Blood season 5 episode 2 : Authority Always Wins

Summary : Okay supporting arcs and superfine Bill † Eric III but the editor is a vegan raptor

Score : 8/10

I'm not a specially religious individual but when it comes to summer TV, I believe in True Blood ! Turn! * 3 was quite a weak way to begin the new season but this second installment was similar to season 4's second episode, You Smell Like Dinner. Indeed it seems I'll again spend the next weeks torturing the storybordeleditor (Bordel, from Old French : Mess, whorehouse) because if the show has one weakness, it's definitely "the thing" responsible for dislocating the arcs ! Scene 11 : Jason is at the police station. Scene 12 : Pam is in 1909. But it's already time to forget about what could ruin the show if it hadn't enough brute force and addictive flavors to both entertain and… captivate us !

Successful episodes like Cold Grey Light of Dawn have proven that when it comes to turning your night into a televisual orgy of bloody fun well until further notice you can't do better than… Jessica ? Censored, and even not for $20000 ! Billeric ? Oh, no ! It leads us to Jason because even if his moments were rare he still managed to make me laugh enough to acknowledge that humor is a mandatory part of the journey. As for Andy one of his decisions should definitely inspire you, even if he's slower than me when it comes to dodge spoilers. I'm also glad that he has evolved from a Sheriff Rosco-co-clone to a well… pretty little Bellefleur. More seriously Pam's side was short but refreshing and despite the immersion killer I have already pointed out it at least had one smooth and well thought out transition to… Bill † Eric !

I could mention that Alcide and Sam deserve more attention because from the performers to the story their arc has undeniable potential. I could mention them, so I did. Do I make any sense ? Probably not but at E3 Far Cry 3 didn't either and its psychotropic presentation was praised. Now back to me, no to True Blood. What about Tara ? Well I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of her as a vampire but Rutina Wesley is both charming and charismatic so I'll keep my mind opened for now. Moreover you can't beat Pam as a maker and Lafayette's dilemna was interesting to witness. I cried, because he's Rembrandt Brown's spiritual son after all.

Last but not least (Finally !), let's judge King Bill Compton and Sir Eric Northman ! Beside the amoebitor I can't see a single viewer not giving the show a second chance after the mediocre premiere but if you haven't already seen Authority Always Wins well Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård are the only excuses you need. From the inevitable torture to crossed interviews their part represents the best of what True Blood is capable of. You care, you feel and you even think a lot (But not too much, thank "you know who"). Each season requires its set of freshly decayed ingredients and True Blood's fifth is no exception. Eclectic and freaky new characters ? Checked. Fascinating topics like religion covered in a controversial fashion ? Crossed out. A last minute offer and a gorgeous villain ? Double date !

No comments:

Post a Comment